Today we are preparing tender meatballs with garlic from beets and carrots. Children really like these cutlets, especially with sour cream, but adult members of your family will certainly appreciate this simple, but very tasty and healthy vegetable dish.
It can be served hot as a main course for breakfast or dinner, or as a side dish for meat or fish.
We will prepare the necessary products according to the list. The weight of vegetables in the recipe is indicated already in a purified form. If you exclude the egg from the list, then this option is perfect for the lenten menu.
- Peeled beets – 200 g.
- Peeled carrots – 200 g.
- Onion – ½ pc.
- Semolina – 5 tbsp. l.
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves.
- Salt, a mixture of ground peppers, herbs – to taste.
- Chicken eggs CO – 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
Cooking time: 1 hour. Servings Per Container: 6.
How to cook:
1. Rub the beets and carrots on a fine grater and send them to a saucepan with a thick bottom. Pour in the same spoonful of vegetable oil and 4 tablespoons of clean water. Put on the stove and heat the contents of the saucepan to a boil. Cover and simmer vegetables over low heat for about 10 minutes. Mix everything a couple of times so that nothing burns.
2. Pour semolina and actively mix everything together with a wooden spatula until smooth.
3. You should get such a mass without lumps. We warm it up for a couple of minutes on the smallest fire and remove it from the stove. Let’s cool down a bit.
4. Add finely chopped onion, salt, herbs and pepper to your liking, chopped garlic.
If you are cooking for children, then it is advisable to reduce the amount of spices to a minimum.
5. We break one large or a couple of small chicken eggs and mix everything well into a homogeneous mass.
6. We form small cutlets and roll them in breadcrumbs to get an appetizing crisp when frying.
7. Fry tender beet cutlets with carrots and garlic in a small amount of vegetable oil on both sides until golden brown.
8. We shift the vegetable cutlets onto a plate.
Serve hot with sour cream, ketchup or fresh vegetables.