French-style fried apples can be made for tea in minutes. They turn out tasty, satisfying, sweet and with a crispy and appetizing crust on top. For their preparation, it is worth using any variety of apples. Even sour ones will be appropriate, since they need to be sprinkled with sugar on top anyway. You can fry apple slices in vegetable oil (it should be odorless) or creamy (excellent quality).
They can be served either hot or cold. They are best combined with tea or some kind of milky drinks, such as kefir, fermented baked milk, milk or yogurt.
- Apples of any variety – 3 pcs.
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Premium flour – 1 tbsp. l.
- Lemon juice – 0.5 tsp.
- Excellent quality vegetable or butter oil – 40 ml (approximately).
How to cook:
1. Wash the apples very well. Now cut each of them in half, remove the tails, core, and then cut into thin slices.
If you wish, then you can pre-cut the peel, but this is not important.
2. Pour flour into a bowl or deep plate. Dip each apple slice in it on both sides. Instead of flour, starch is also suitable for this purpose.
3. Heat vegetable or butter in a pan. Lay out the prepared apple slices. It is better that they are at some distance from each other.
4. Sprinkle them with lemon juice. Feel free to use fresh lemon juice instead.
5. Fry them over medium heat for literally 30 seconds on each side. During this time, they will acquire a beautiful and golden color, a crispy crust due to flour, and inside they will be quite soft and tasty.
6. Put the apples on a dish, sprinkle each piece with sugar on top. In general, fruits are already sweet, so you can not sprinkle them with sugar. Also, instead of it, you can safely use honey, pour them with topping or condensed milk.
These are such delicious French-style fried apples! Do not forget to prepare tea or some other drink for them. Although they can be safely eaten just like that.