Green shoots with a bud are garlic arrows, which must be cut off in order to form a garlic bulb. These shoots are juicy, fragrant and can be the basis for delicious dishes. And add to soups, meat sauces. Arrows of garlic are harvested for the winter – pickled or frozen. Crushed garlic arrows are used to prepare spreads for sandwiches and sauces for fish.
We offer you a recipe for the simplest summer snack – fried garlic arrows. This dish can be served on its own or as a side dish for meat or fish. Fried arrows can be supplemented with fried eggs and served for breakfast. Shoots are prepared very quickly. I recommend cooking them in small portions, they are good with piping heat. Juicy garlic shooters are suitable for the recipe, preferably only from the garden. Dry aromatic herbs of your choice. It is best to fry arrows in a mixture of vegetable and butter or lard.
- Garlic arrows – a bunch.
- Vegetable oil – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Butter – 15 g.
- Coriander – a pinch.
- Hops-suneli – a pinch.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Hard cheese – 7 g for serving.
How to cook:
1. Rinse garlic arrows in running water, dry on a towel. Cut off the upper part (bud) of the shoot, it will not be needed. Cut the rest into pieces about 4 cm long.
Use only green shoots.
2. The net weight of prepared shoots is about 150 g.
3. Heat vegetable oil and butter in a frying pan.
4. Put garlic shoots into hot oil, fry for about 3 minutes until browned.
5. Stir arrows and continue cooking until the shoots shrivel slightly. Salt, pepper and sprinkle the dish with spices.
6. Transfer the garlic cloves to a plate. While they are hot and sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
Delicious garlic arrows look appetizing and will surely appeal to all members of your family. They can be served with sauces based on sour cream or mayonnaise, gray bread, sliced tomatoes with cucumbers and hot new potatoes. Garlic arrows have a vegetable taste, without the strong smell of garlic, reminiscent of asparagus beans. It is better not to store the dish.