Garlic potatoes “Abate” in the oven always look very appetizing and tasty. That is why, it can be safely made as a side dish or a quick vegetable snack for the festive table. When choosing this vegetable at the grocery store, it is best to buy one that has yellow flesh. It is this potato that is most delicious than with white pulp. It contains many times more carotene.
You can serve ready-made garlic potatoes to the table immediately. It is in the hot form that it will be with a crispy crust, and after it has stood, this will no longer be the case, it will become soft, but, however, no less tasty. The dish goes well with any sauces, salads and meat dishes. That is why you can safely make chops, a salad of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers for it, or prepare some additional sauce. You can, by the way, stop the choice, simply, on ketchup.
- Potato – 500 g.
- Salt – 2-3 pinches.
- Garlic – 0.5 heads.
- Crackers – 2 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil – 40 ml.
How to cook:
1. Peel the potatoes, and then wash, cut into slices.
To prepare this snack, it is better to use potatoes that are not too large in size, as it will be easier to cut them later.
2. Add salt and pepper to chopped vegetables. If you wish, then you can add some seasoning.
3. Pour in the crackers. They can be purchased or made at home from ordinary bread in the oven.
4. Pour in vegetable oil.
5. Mix everything very well. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet.
6. Place a head of garlic on the edge of a baking sheet without peeling it.
7. Send the baking sheet to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
If you have a gas stove, then the cooking time may vary slightly. Although this is more so if the temperature is not set in it.
8. Peel the garlic and squeeze it through a garlic press towards the potatoes. Mix well.
Here is such a mouth-watering garlic potato “Amalgamation” turned out!