Sweet potato harra is a Lebanese dish that is easy to make at home. For the recipe you will need potatoes, spices, herbs and a little lime juice. From spices, take paprika (sweet or spicy), ground coriander, turmeric and garlic. You will also need parsley – it goes well with potatoes and gives it a fresh flavor. Lime juice is used sparingly to add a slightly sour note to the whole dish.
Spicy potatoes are very tasty and appetizing, be sure to try to cook it, you will not regret it!
- Potatoes – 400 g.
- Olive oil – 50 g.
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves.
- Parsley – 3-4 g.
- Paprika – 0.5 tsp
- Ground coriander – 0.5 tsp.
- Turmeric – 0.5 tsp
- Lime juice – about 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Peel and rinse potatoes, dry on napkins so that drops of water drain.
2. Salt and pepper the potatoes to taste, pour over olive oil (about 15g), mix.
3. Put the potatoes in a baking dish, you can line parchment or foil. Send to the oven preheated to 200C. Bake potatoes for 25 minutes.
4. In the meantime, prepare the dressing of spices and herbs. Finely chop the fresh parsley, also cut the garlic into small pieces.
5. Pour the remaining olive oil into the pan, add spices (paprika, coriander, turmeric) and garlic.
6. Fry spices with herbs over low heat for 20-30 seconds. Spices will reveal their aroma, garlic will become even more fragrant.
7. Remove the ruddy potatoes from the oven, they have already become soft and baked.
8. Pour the baked potatoes into the spice pan.
9. Mix the potatoes with butter and herbs, heat for 1 minute in a pan over low heat. The dish is ready.
10. Arrange the sweet potato harra in a serving dish, drizzle with lime juice and serve.