Jam from strawberries and apples is a fairly simple and quite classic preparation, for which slightly overripe or slightly crushed products are suitable. This is very convenient when the question arises, what to do with not quite “condition”.
By the way, from such berries and fruits you can always cook an excellent compote. The finished jam is sealed in sterile jars and stored in a cool dark place. You can serve it for dessert, with pastries, and also use it as a filling for pies or pies.
- Apples – 1 kg.
- Strawberries – 500 g.
- Sugar – 700 g.
How to cook:
1. Apples can be taken softer, ripe or slightly overripe, juicy and fragrant. Rinse them with running water.
2. You can grate the fruit, or you can chop it in a blender with a bowl. Too thick peel can be removed with a vegetable peeler. Cut the fruit into pieces and place in a bowl.
3. Cover the bowl with a lid, set the speed to medium and chop the apple pieces for a couple of minutes.
4. Transfer the apple mixture to a thick-walled saucepan. Pour all the sugar in at once. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally with a spatula, for 10 minutes.
5. Rinse the strawberries thoroughly – you can put them in a colander. Tear off the sepals and mash the berry. You can also use a blender – a fragrant berry puree will be ready in a minute.
6. Pour the strawberry mass into a saucepan, mix everything and boil the jam under the lid for another 20 minutes.
7. To make the jam even more homogeneous, you can grind it again with an immersion blender. After that, you need to boil it for another 3-4 minutes.
8. Banks for harvesting must be carefully sterilized. Then spread the hot jam over the jars. Seal tightly with sterile lids.
9. Wrap the jam well and let it cool in this form.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.