Pickled zucchini with mustard is an excellent preservation, which should be rolled up without fail. This recipe is good because it is not too difficult.
When choosing zucchini for cooking, it is advisable to stop the choice on those that are young and homemade. For clogging, liter jars are suitable, but if you have a large family, then you can take a large volume. In a jar of spices, add dill umbrellas, a bay leaf and black pepper. Mustard must be dry, this is the most important point and it is added directly during the preparation of the marinade. You also need to add sauce to it. Krasnodar or Satsebeli is suitable (it is, however, spicier in taste). It is necessary to sterilize, both clean empty jars, and with zucchini. So, conservation will definitely “idle” all winter and nothing will happen to it.
- Zucchini – 1.5 kg.
- Mustard – 1 tsp (on the bank).
- Peppercorns – 3-5 pcs.
- Dill with an umbrella and horseradish – 1 sprig.
- Lavrushka leaf – 1-2 pcs. for each bank.
- Salt rock – 40 g.
- Sugar sand – 100 g.
- Sauce Krasnodar – 100 g.
- Vinegar 9% – 100 ml.
- Pure water – 1.5 liters.
How to cook:
1. Wash the zucchini very well. After that, cut them into circles or semicircles.
If the zucchini is not young, then be sure to peel them.
2. Sterilize the jars, just wash them first. Now, at the bottom of each dry and sterilized jar, put a few pieces of peppercorns, a bay leaf, dill and horseradish leaves.
3. Put the zucchini tightly in the jar, alternating circles and semicircles for convenience.
4. Now pour water into the container. Send the salt in there.
5. Pour in granulated sugar.
6. Pour in the vinegar.
7. Add tomato paste and mustard.
8. When the brine boils, turn off the heat, pour it into jars with vegetables. This is best done with a mug. Place all jars of zucchini in a bowl, on the bottom of which put a rag or towel. Pour in water so that it well covers the walls of the jars with zucchini. Sterilize them for 7-10 minutes, only note the time after the water boils, just be sure to turn down the heat when this happens.
9. Roll up the jars with the lids.