Khanum – oriental dishes made from unleavened dough and minced meat. Dishes are prepared in the form of a roll, it is rolled up with a horseshoe and boiled in special pans – in a kaskan or in a mantyshnitsa. You can use a double boiler, it will turn out no worse. In the traditional dough recipe, a chicken egg and water are added. Khanum is distinguished by a huge variety of fillings – potato, cabbage, meat, mushroom, chicken or pumpkin in various combinations with various spices and aromatic herbs. The filling is never crushed in a meat grinder, but simply cut into small cubes with a knife.
We offer you a recipe for cooking khanum with meat and onions. For the filling, you can take lean pork, beef, lamb and mix it with a lot of onions (1: 1). The composition and quantity of spices can be adjusted to taste.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Water – 40 ml.
- Flour – 220-250 g.
- Pork – 250 g.
- Onion – 250 g.
- Vegetable oil – 250 g.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Paprika – 2 g.
- Oregano – 2 g.
- Green onions – 2 g.
- Butter – a little.
How to cook:
1. Clean the meat from excess fat and chaff. Cut the pork into small cubes with a sharp knife.
2. Chop the peeled onion.
3. Put the pork, chopped garlic and onion in a bowl for preparing the filling.
4. Add salt, pepper, spices and green onions. Stir the filling and set aside.
5. Part of the flour (2/3) mixed with vegetable oil (25) and water, add a pinch of salt.
6. Start kneading the test.
7. Transfer the dough to a hard surface sprinkled with flour and knead, adding the remaining flour. Cover it with a bowl and leave for 10 minutes at room temperature.
8. Roll out the dough into a layer about 1.5-2 mm thick into a rectangular layer.
9. Distribute the filling on the dough as in the photo.
10. Roll the product into a roll.
11. Lubricate the steamer bowl with vegetable oil, put the future khanum in the form of a horseshoe, grease with vegetable oil on top and steam for 40 minutes.
12. Transfer the finished khanum to a serving plate, pour with melted butter. Complete the dish with yellow tomato adjika, vegetables and garlic.