Lavash roll with cottage cheese filling “Lick Your Fingers” is fully consistent with its name. Preparing it is quite simple and fast. The main ingredients are cottage cheese and pita bread. Moreover, it is better to use homemade cottage cheese, as it is much tastier and healthier. And you can safely cook pita bread at home, or you can buy it at any grocery store, in the bread department.
It is best to bake the roll on a baking sheet, but you can also use a square-shaped silicone mold. It is best to serve the finished roll to the table in a slightly cooled form. Banana, raisins, dried apricots, prunes and other additives are suitable as a filling. Sugar is not added to the filling, honey is used instead. If you are critical of heating it in the oven, then replace it with sugar.
- Homemade cottage cheese – 350 g.
- Lavash Armenian – 1 pc.
- Chicken egg (only the yolk is required) – 1 pc.
- Liquid honey – to taste.
- Banana or any other fruits or berries – 0.5 pcs.
How to cook:
1. Expand pita bread, cut off uneven edges. The size of the pita bread should be approximately 15-15 cm. But, you can make it larger in size.
2. Now put homemade cottage cheese on top of it. Try not to spread it to the edges. The cottage cheese itself should be an even layer.
3. Then use a teaspoon to spread the honey.
If you want to use sugar, then combine it first with cottage cheese and mix well.
4. Peel the banana, cut it into small pieces and put them on top of the pita bread with cottage cheese.
5. Now very carefully roll the pita bread into a roll.
6. Transfer the roll to a baking sheet. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolk with a fork. Lubricate the roll with it, using a silicone brush for this.
7. Send the baking sheet with the roll to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
8. Now cut the roll into several pieces, put it on a beautiful dish. From above you can decorate it with some red berries.
Here is such a roll of pita bread with curd filling “You will lick your fingers”!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.