In the season of vegetable preparations for the winter, we want to share a simple but very tasty recipe for puff salad from summer vegetables. The composition of this blank includes affordable and simple products, from which the result is simply amazing and in taste and beauty appetizer salad. In winter, such a salad will perfectly complement dishes of meat, chicken, pasta, potatoes. The recipe is simple, it will take quite a bit of time to prepare the salad, and the result is wonderful!
Vegetables for our salad choose strong, ripe, without damage. The total weight of already peeled vegetables for a jar of 720 ml will be approximately 400-450g. It is not advisable to take jars of a larger volume, since during sterilization in such containers, vegetables soften greatly due to a longer heating time and lose their structure, become very soft.
- Cucumbers – 1 pc.
- Tomatoes – 2-3 pcs.
- Sweet pepper – 1 pc.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Parsley – 2 branches.
- Garlic – 3 cloves.
- Bay leaf – 1 pc.
- A mixture of peppercorns – 0.5 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1.5 tsp.
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Table vinegar 9% – 3 tsp.
How to cook:
1. Wash vegetables, peel and cut. Tomatoes and onions cut into large slices, cucumber circles. Sweet peppers can be cut into large strips or strips, here as you wish. We cut the garlic into slices.
2. We put the prepared vegetables in layers in clean sterilized jars. At the bottom we place a bay leaf, parsley sprigs, peppercorns. We compact each layer a little with a wooden spoon or hands, but you don’t need to press down the vegetables too much, otherwise they will lose their shape.
3. Place the tomato slices on top. For this salad, it is better to take cream tomatoes, they are more fleshy and dense, retain their shape well during canning and do not spread during sterilization.
4. Pour the vegetables with boiling water and leave on the table for 10 minutes. We pour boiling water gently in the center of the jar in a thin stream so that the glass does not burst.
5. Drain the slightly cooled water back into the saucepan. It is convenient in this case to use a special cover with slots.
6. Add salt and sugar according to the recipe to the fragrant vegetable infusion and heat to a boil.
7. Pour vinegar into the jar, fill it to the top with boiled marinade, cover with a lid and place for sterilization in a saucepan with warm water (not cold!). The water level in the container should reach at least half the height of the salad jar. We do not screw the lid on yet. Place the pot on the stove and bring the water to a boil over medium heat. We sterilize jars with puff salad from summer vegetables for 10 minutes from the moment the water boils in the container.
8. At the end of sterilization, we place the cans with conservation on the table, tighten the lids and cover with a thick towel for 1-2 hours for slow cooling.
Layered salad of summer vegetables for the winter is ready!
We place jars with conservation for storage in a cool place until winter.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.