Light vinaigrette “Second Wind” is an easy-to-cook vegetable appetizer that can be safely made for those people who do not like fatty salads dressed with mayonnaise, or who follow proper nutrition.
Cooking it is quick, easy, especially if you boil all the necessary vegetables in advance. Although it is better not to boil the beets, but to bake them in the oven, this way they will come out less watery, more sweet and tasty. It is advisable to boil the carrots until soft, in time this procedure will take from 20 to 30 minutes.
When shopping for canned peas and corn at the grocery store, it’s a good idea to buy from a reputable manufacturer, as they shouldn’t be hard. Cucumber is better to use not sour, otherwise the taste of the salad will be the same. Although if you like light sourness, you can safely take such a vegetable.
- Pickled cucumber – 1 pc.
- Onion – 0.5 pcs.
- Baked beets – 2 pcs.
- Boiled carrots – 0.5 pcs.
- Peas – 1 tbsp. l.
- Corn – 1 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Ground pepper – 1 pinch.
- Vegetable oil – 1-2 tbsp. l.
- Mustard grains – 0.5 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. So, first of all, peel and cut the boiled carrots into small cubes.
2. Cut the onion in the same way.
By the way, you can also use purple onions, it tastes more juicy and sweet.
3. Now do the same procedure with pickles.
4. Carefully clean the baked beets with a sharp knife, cut them into cubes.
5. Transfer all products to a deep plastic bowl. Throw in the canned corn.
6. Then add peas.
7. The next ingredient should be salt and ground black pepper.
8. After them, pour in vegetable oil.
You can use olive oil.
9. Lay out the mustard grains, it is she who will make the salad more original in taste.
10. Mix all ingredients very well. Let the salad brew for at least 30 minutes, and then be sure to transfer it to a beautiful dish. Now boldly serve it to the table!
Enjoy your meal!