When preparing salads, for some reason, many housewives undeservedly leave aside eggplants, preferring to make mainly preparations for the winter from them. Although you can cook many different salads from the blue ones, which diversify the usual menu. One of them is an autumn eggplant salad – a dish that will be a delicious addition to dinner.
Fried eggplants with onions go well with tomatoes and eggs, and mayonnaise or sour cream dressing with mustard and chopped dill gives the salad an interesting taste.
- Eggplant – 2 pcs.
- Tomatoes – 1-2 pcs.
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves.
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
- Dill – a couple of branches.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise or sour cream – to taste.
- Salt and black ground pepper – to taste.
- Mustard – 0.5-1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
How to cook:
1. Cut the peeled onion into thin quarter rings, then fry it until transparent in vegetable oil.
2. Eggplants (for salad it is best to choose fruits of a small size) cut into medium pieces / cubes. When the onion becomes transparent, add chopped eggplant to it and fry, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are golden brown. Salt to taste.
If the eggplants are bitter, salt them before cooking and let them stand for a while (salt will remove the existing bitterness), and then rinse, squeeze well and fry with onions.
3. When the eggplants are fried, add the garlic squeezed through the press to them and fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Place cooked eggplants with onions on paper towels/napkins to remove excess vegetable fat, and let them cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the salad ingredients. Cut boiled eggs and tomatoes into large cubes. Put in a deep container in which it will be convenient to mix the salad.
6. Next, pour the cooled fried eggplants with onions to them.
7. Add mayonnaise or sour cream, mustard and chopped dill, salt (if necessary) and pepper (to taste), mix the salad thoroughly.
8. After the autumn eggplant salad is ready, serve it immediately to the table.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.