Lithuanian potato stew is a vegetable dish that is quick to cook and very tasty. In addition, the products are all available and are in the house of every housewife. When choosing vegetables, it is worth using potatoes that are suitable for frying. Carrots will give the dish a bright color and a little sweet taste, while garlic will make it more fragrant and original.
You can serve Lithuanian-style potato stew to the table just like that, or you can make some kind of vegetable salad for it according to the season. Since it’s autumn now, Korean carrot salad or sauerkraut will go well with it. If there is a desire, then you can cook some kind of meat dish, for example, chicken chops.
- Potatoes – 4 pcs.
- Carrots – 70 g.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 40 ml.
- Tomato paste – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Peel all the vegetables needed for the preparation of the recipe, wash them. Cut potatoes into strips.
You can use a food processor.
2. Cut the carrots into cubes, chop the garlic in a convenient way. You can squeeze it through the garlic or just finely chop with an ordinary knife.
3. Send all the chopped vegetables to the pan, pour in the vegetable oil.
You can take lard instead of vegetable oil.
4. Put the tomato paste in a bowl, pour in the water and mix everything well. By the way, instead of it, you can twist fresh tomatoes in a meat grinder.
5. Roast vegetables over moderate heat for 7-10 minutes. Then add salt and ground black pepper to them. Remember to stir them occasionally with a spatula.
6. Pour in the prepared tomato sauce.
7. Simmer potato stew over moderate heat until all vegetables are soft. In time, this procedure will take 15-20 minutes. You can cover the pan with a lid, but this will take longer for the sauce to evaporate.
8. Put the Lithuanian potato stew on a beautiful plate, decorate it with fresh herbs on top, or use lettuce leaves on which to put the dish.
Serve the dish immediately to the table, while the stew is still warm.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.