Mexican stew is a simple dish that turns out to be quite tasty and satisfying. For its preparation, quite affordable, inexpensive and healthy products are used.
You can stew stew in a regular frying pan or a special cauldron, if you have 1. From vegetables, it is worth stopping the choice on onions, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers. Chicken fillet is best suited as meat, as it is quickly stewed and always turns out soft and tasty. From spices, you can take cinnamon, salt, ground black pepper, dried or fresh garlic. In addition, those spices that you like are also suitable. Well, the most interesting ingredients that complete the list are green peas and beans.
If, for some reason, you can’t get green peas, then you can opt for canned corn, especially since many people cook this particular dish with it.
- Chicken meat – 150 g.
- Beans boiled or canned – 1-2 tbsp. l.
- Green peas – 1-2 tsp
- Tomato -2 pcs.
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Bulgarian pepper – 0.5 pcs.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Garlic – to taste.
- Cinnamon – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 50-100 ml.
How to cook:
1. Peel all vegetables. Cut the tomato, bell pepper and onion into cubes. Grate carrots on a large or small grater.
2. Send the pan to moderate heat, pour vegetable oil into it. Simmer vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
3. Wash the chicken fillet and cut it into strips or pieces.
4. Put the meat to the vegetables.
5. Add salt and ground black pepper.
6. Pour in cinnamon. This ingredient is optional.
7. Then add dried or fresh garlic, which is squeezed through a garlic press.
8. Put boiled or canned beans and frozen peas.
9. Simmer everything together for 20 minutes, covering the pan with a lid.
The meat must be soft.
You can pour water into the pan or add more vegetable oil.
This is the Mexican stew!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.