This Central Asian dish is quite popular in our country. It is a cross between soup and gravy. It is impossible to attribute lagman to non-calorie dishes, because despite the presence of a large number of vegetables in the composition, its calorie content simply rolls over. But nevertheless, this is not a reason to deny yourself the pleasure of trying this wonderful dish. You can also add turnips, celery and hot peppers to the composition – these vegetables will also add their own zest to the taste of the lagman.
- Beef tenderloin – 250 g.
- Medium bulb – 1 pc.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Small potato – 1 pc.
- White cabbage – 150 g.
- Sweet red pepper – 120 g.
- Fresh tomatoes – 180 g.
- Dry paprika – 1 tsp
- Tomato paste – 1 tbsp. l.
- Garlic – 2 cloves.
- Boiled water – 400 ml.
- Spaghetti flat or noodles for lagman – 300 g.
- Greens – a few branches.
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
How to cook:
1. Rinse the tenderloin and cut into medium-sized oblong pieces. It is important to cut along the fibers, so the meat will turn out juicier and not lose its shape. Send the meat to fry in vegetable oil.
2. Carrots need to be peeled and cut into small cubes.
3. Peel the onion and cut into thin strips. If your onion is too juicy and stings your eyes, put it in the microwave for ten seconds.
4. Cabbage and potatoes also need to be cut into cubes, as finely as possible.
5. When the meat is sufficiently browned in a cauldron, add onions and carrots, be sure to mix.
6. Peppers and tomatoes also cut into cubes and when the onions and carrots are sufficiently fried and become soft, add these vegetables.
7. After three minutes of frying vegetables, add tomato paste to the cauldron and mix well. Also add dry spices such as paprika and black pepper. Of course, the dish needs to be salted.
8. Prepare garlic and herbs. By the way, greens can be either dill or parsley or cilantro.
Chop the garlic cloves with a knife.
9. Pour potatoes and cabbage into a cauldron, add garlic and pour boiled water. After that, put the stew on a small fire for about a quarter of an hour.
10. Boil the noodles as indicated on the package and then lightly fry in a pan.
Lagman should be served in deep bowls, traditionally called kosushki. First, noodles are applied, poured with vegetable sauce on top and sprinkled with herbs. Additionally, you can serve sour cream.