Many people love sauerkraut, but cooking it is not so easy and time consuming. If you want to get a quick snack on the table without much effort, then use this recipe. Cook delicious pickled cabbage in 2 hours, the result will please every1. Especially those who are often busy at work, and there is no time to cook at home. A quick recipe will be appreciated by every housewife.
Since the cabbage is cooked quickly, there is no need to cook it in large portions, the appetizer can be prepared at any time, the main thing is to remember all the components and the amount of spices. For the recipe you will need white cabbage, carrots and onions. For the marinade, take sugar, salt, table vinegar and vegetable oil.
- White cabbage – 500 g.
- Carrots – 80 g.
- Onion – 80 g.
- Sugar – 3 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Water – 150 g.
- Vinegar 9% – 3 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
Cooking time: 2 hours.
1. Chop cabbage – chop into thin and long strips, for this you can use a sharp knife or vegetable grater. Slightly crush the chopped cabbage with your hands so that it becomes more tender and juicy.
2. Peel and grate sweet carrots on the large side of the grater.
3. Also peel the onion, rinse and cut into small cubes.
4. Put all prepared vegetables in a deep bowl.
5. Add sugar and salt, mix several times, knead with your hands, spices will give the vegetables the necessary taste, juice will also begin to stand out.
6. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
It is better to use fragrant market oil if you have it. If not, take the usual refined.
7. Add table vinegar 9% and pour in a little water, and mix again. Leave the cabbage in the kitchen on the table for 2 hours, then you can put it in the refrigerator. She will be fully prepared. Cabbage turns out crispy and snow-white, without changing its color.
Pickled cabbage, draining the marinade and all the liquid, can be served at the table.
This is how you can prepare a decent snack for your table from simple, economical and affordable products.
Enjoy your meal!