Mackerel is rightfully considered one of the favorite fish of our society, since it does not take much time to cook, the fish itself is quite fatty, while in fact it is very versatile. This lies in the fact that mackerel can be baked both on the grill and in the oven; you can make smoking both hot and cold; Well, the simplest, you can pickle. With all the above recipes, the fish acquires new flavors, while not losing its gastronomic appeal.
Before pickling mackerel, it must be properly cut. To do this, you will definitely need a cutting board, preferably a special one for fish, and a sharp knife. Of course, you can also buy ready-made mackerel fillets, but the hostess is always more confident in the whole fish. In order for the taste of mackerel not to spoil some parts of the fish in the future, it is necessary to remove the offal, head, gills and tail.
In order to pickle mackerel, of course, you need a brine. For its preparation, the simplest ingredients are used, such as salt, sugar and spices. If desired, you can diversify the brine with other ingredients. At the end, we can recommend serving mackerel with fresh green onions, olives and herbs.
- Mackerel – 1-2 pcs.
- Water – 1 l.
- Salt – 2 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. l.
- Bay leaf, allspice peas – 2-3 pcs.
- Lemon – 2-3 pcs.
How to cook:
1. First, defrost mackerel at room temperature, rinse under running water.
2. Cut off the head, tail and fins of the fish. We steam the abdomen and clean it from the insides.
3. Wash the fish thoroughly and cut into medium pieces. Thanks to cutting, the fish will be salted quickly.
4. Wash the fish thoroughly and cut into medium pieces. Thanks to cutting, the fish will be salted quickly.
5. Mix everything in a saucepan, stir thoroughly.
6. We send the marinade to the fire, bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Then remove from heat and cool completely.
7. We send the pieces of mackerel to the marinade, add the pieces of lemon and leave at room temperature for 4 hours.
8. After draining the marinade, pour over with vegetable oil and add onion if desired.
Mackerel is tender and moderately salty.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.