We offer an original homemade recipe. These will be pies and buns in one version. Sweet yeast dough and sweet apple filling, resulting in delicious and beautiful pastries for tea.
- Wheat flour – up to 500 g.
- Milk – 150 ml.
- Chicken eggs – 2 pcs.
- Dry active yeast – 3 tsp.
- Sugar – 80 g.
- Salt – 0.5 tsp.
- Butter – 80 g.
- Vanilla sugar – 2 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 2-3 tbsp. l.
- Filling apples – up to 5 pcs.
- Sugar for the filling – 4-5 tbsp. l.
- Butter for the filling – 50 g.
How to cook:
1. Prepare a delicious yeast dough. First of all, you need to make a dough. To do this, use warm milk, pour it into a bowl. Add dry yeast, a tablespoon of sugar and half a glass of wheat flour from the total. Stir the milk mixture with a whisk and leave for 10 minutes under the film. As soon as a bubble cap appears on the dough, then you can start kneading the dough.
2. Sift wheat flour into a deep bowl, where you will then knead the dough. Add one whole chicken egg and the protein of the second egg to the dough. Leave the yolk to brush the buns. Add sugar and a pinch of salt to the dough.
To make the dough more fragrant during baking, use vanilla, vanilla sugar or cinnamon.
3. Send dough and soft butter to the dough. Knead the dough for the buns by hand or in a food processor for 7-10 minutes. The result is a soft dough.
To make the kneading easier, grease your hands with vegetable oil, the dough immediately becomes more pliable.
4. Any sweet yeast dough must be given time for proofing. During this time, it becomes more airy, the pies after baking will be soft. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with cling film and let it rest for 1 hour. The dough doubles in size.
5. Prepare the filling for pies from apples. What kind of apples you will use for the filling depends on its consistency. It can turn out to be a filling in pieces or a mass that looks like mashed potatoes. Peel and dice fresh apples, drizzle with lemon juice.
6. Add a piece of butter, sugar and apples to a heated pan. Fry the apples for 3-4 minutes until soft, evaporate the liquid. Add cinnamon to taste with apple filling. Cool the filling for buns.
7. Divide the dough for pies-buns into equal pieces, roll into balls. Roll out the dough blank, make cuts along the edges, as in the photo. Add 1-2 tablespoons of cooled apple filling.
8. Gather the edges of the dough to the center, fasten tightly, forming a pie-bun, inside of which is a fragrant filling.
9. Lay parchment on a baking sheet, put the blanks of pies, keeping a small distance. Mix the yolk with water or milk (2 tablespoons). Dip the brush in the yolk and grease the pies. Cover the pies with clingfilm and let rise for 20 minutes.
10. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees, put a heat-resistant container with water on the bottom. Steam during baking will not allow your pies to burn on the bottom, as often happens. Bake pies until golden brown and fully cooked for 20-25 minutes. Take out the finished pies and cover with a clean kitchen towel, sprinkle a little water on top.
Serve fragrant and appetizing buns with apples on the dessert table with tea, for breakfast with a cup of coffee.