Have you ever cooked potato skewers at least once in your life? If not, then fix it as soon as possible. They always turn out very tasty and unusual. It is best to serve them immediately after they are cooked. In the classic version, skewers are always cooked with lard, so when choosing it, give preference to the piece that has a layer of meat on it. So the dish will come out even more tasty and satisfying. If suddenly you don’t eat fat for some reason, then just replace it with vegetables, for example, onions or mushrooms.
When making potato skins, carefully roll small balls out of them, so they will look more impressive. However, if there is no time for this procedure, then simply roll the finished potato dough into a layer with a rolling pin, squeeze out the shells with a mold, and then start cooking them.
- Potatoes – 2 pcs.
- Salt – to taste.
- Flour – 2-3 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – a pinch.
- Salo – 1 piece.
How to cook:
1. So boil the potatoes right away. The time for this procedure is about 20 minutes. You can add salt immediately if you like, or later.
2. Crush soft, cooked potatoes with a potato masher.
3. Now add salt, sugar, if you have not already done so. Pour in the flour. Perhaps it will need more or, conversely, a little less.
4. The dough should not be too steep, it is allowed that it even sticks to your hands.
5. Be sure to wet your hands in water, form neat balls.
6. Now bring the water to a boil, put the prepared skins into it. Boil them until they float to the surface.
7. Cut the fat into small cubes.
8. Fry the cubes in a pan. Add salt to taste so that the lard does not come out fresh. It is desirable to fry it on low heat, otherwise it will not only not be fried, but also stick to the bottom of the pan.
9. Put the finished skewers in a bowl, put the fried pieces of lard on top. You can also decorate the dish with herbs.
This is how you can quickly and easily cook simply amazing and delicious potato skins with lard.