If you like original and at the same time healthy snacks, then you should pay attention to this recipe. The appetizer turns out to be bright in appearance, and due to the fact that beets and garlic are used as the filling, it also comes out quite useful.
You can quickly prepare such roses from pita bread with beets, so if guests unexpectedly come to you, surprise them with such a dish. If you make roses smaller in size, then they can even be used to decorate ready-made salads.
- Baked or boiled beets – 4 pcs.
- Lavash – 1 pc.
- Garlic – 1 clove (you can add more or not use at all).
- Sour cream or mayonnaise – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Pre-bake beets in the oven or boil them. In time, this procedure takes 1-1.5 hours. Let the vegetables cool, then peel them and grate them on a coarse or fine grater.
2. Peel the clove of garlic, put it in the garlic press and gently press down both edges. Add minced garlic to beets.
3. Add sour cream or mayonnaise there.
4. Mix all the ingredients very well with a spoon. Try the stuffing. If you wish, then you can add more garlic and a little salt.
5. Put the pita bread on a wooden board and cut it into strips. The size of the roses will depend on their thickness.
6. Now very carefully lay out a part of the beetroot filling on a strip of pita bread.
There should not be too much toppings, otherwise the appetizer will not work.
7. Roll the strip into a roll. You can fasten the roll with a toothpick, but this procedure is most often not required.
Make the rest of the roses in this way. Put them on a dish, decorate with herbs and boldly serve to the table!
Enjoy your meal!