Such an open pie invariably turns out juicy and satisfying. Due to the creamy cheese filling, it has a simply delicious aroma. In general, quiche is made with different fillings, but it is this pie that is both quite budgetary and at the same time looks spectacular on the outside. It can be easily served on the table in fasting, or to those guests who do not eat meat products.
- Wheat flour – 200 g.
- Butter – 80 g.
- Chicken egg – 3 pcs.
- Medium bulb – 1 pc.
- White cabbage – 350 g.
- Cream – 100 ml.
- Cheese Russian – 100 g.
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Remove withered and flabby leaves from white cabbage and chop the vegetable into thin strips. After that, send the vegetable to fry in a pan with vegetable oil. Peel the onion and cut into small cubes.
2. Melt the butter until soft and combine with the chicken egg.
3. Wheat flour must be passed through a sieve, and then poured gradually into a bowl to the butter-egg mixture.
4. Now you need to quickly knead the dough. It should not be tight and soft enough.
5. When the cabbage is a little reddened, add the chopped onion to the pan.
6. A baking dish should be chosen with removable sides or foil. Brush with butter to prevent burning.
7. Carefully put the dough into the form, forming the sides. Then place the form with the dough in the freezer for about a quarter of an hour.
8. Be sure to pierce the bottom with a fork. This is necessary so that the filling bakes better, and the dough does not come out tough.
9. Salt should be added to taste, as well as your favorite spices. It can be pepper, as well as paprika.
10. Now prepare the fill. To do this, mix the remaining eggs and cream with a whisk.
11. You can take any hard cheese, in extreme cases, you can use good quality processed cheese. Cheese needs to be grated on a fine grater.
12. It remains to pour the cheese into the egg-cream mixture and mix well – the filling is ready.
13. Transfer the stewed cabbage with onions to a baking dish and lightly crush. It is important that the filling does not go beyond the sides of the dough.
14. Pour the filling with sauce and send to bake. The time to bake the quiche is twenty minutes. In this case, it is worth putting the oven on a uniform heat from above and below.
15. The finished dish should be allowed to cool slightly and only then removed from the mold.
Serve with a creamy sauce, as well as any fresh vegetable salads.