If you have some boiled or baked potatoes left from yesterday’s dinner, then we suggest making a delicious pie for breakfast. Such a pie is prepared simply and for a short time, it resembles a large pie with potatoes. You can add zest to the pie by adding cheese to the filling, which melts well.
- Boiled or baked potatoes – 3-4 pcs.
- Pickled cheese – 100 g.
- Salt – to taste.
- Spices – as needed.
- Green onion feathers or dill – as needed.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Sour cream (kefir) – 0.5 tbsp.
- Baking soda – 0.5 tsp
- Sugar – 1.5 tsp.
- Wheat flour – 2.5-3 tbsp.
- Butter or vegetable oil – 2.5-3 tbsp.
How to cook:
1. For the filling of the pie, you need potatoes. It must be boiled in advance or baked in the oven.
By the way, if you have ready-made mashed potatoes, it is also suitable for this recipe.
2. Prepare the dough for the pie. Pour kefir, sour cream or thick natural yogurt without additives into a bowl. Add baking soda, a pinch of salt and sugar to the sour cream. Stir in sour cream and leave for a few minutes. The mass will begin to foam slightly, this is a reaction to the soda, your cake will turn out slightly airy after cooking.
3. Add one chicken egg to the dough and gradually add flour.
4. Knead the pie dough. Try not to fill the dough with flour, it should turn out soft and stick a little to your hands. Lubricate your hands with oil and gather the dough into a ball. Cover the dough with a bag for five minutes, let it rest.
5. Divide the pie dough into two parts. Take a frying pan with high walls, with a non-stick thick bottom. Grease the bottom and sides of the pan with vegetable oil. Stretch the dough in a layer and place in a pan.
6. Spread the grated potatoes over the dough, add salt and a mixture of aromatic spices.
7. Break the cheese into pieces and add to the potatoes. Use fresh, fragrant herbs for the filling.
If the potatoes are dry, you can add quite a bit of boiled water or broth, milk (up to 50 ml) on top.
8. Roll out the second piece of dough and place on top of the potatoes, fasten the edges of the pie with your fingers or a fork. Brush the top of the dough with oil. Cover with a lid and send to the fire. Cook the cake over moderate heat first on one side for 5-7 minutes.
9. Then cover the pan with a flat plate and invert the cake onto it. From the plate, put the cake back into the pan and close the lid again. Cook the cake for another 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Remember that it is better to roll out the dough for the pie not thick, so that it has time to completely fry and not burn.
10. Turn off the finished potato pie and leave covered for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a serving plate.
Serve this pie with sour cream or kefir.