Cheese pie “Saburani” belongs to the Ossetian cuisine. By the method of assembly and composition, it is very similar to the Georgian Achma. Therefore, if your family loves such pies, feel free to cook Saburani.
For the recipe, a steep dough is kneaded on eggs. Before assembling the pie, the cakes are boiled. For the filling, several types of cheese are used – young (Adyghe, health), suluguni, mozzarella and hard aged varieties with a rich taste. The recipe will also require butter with a natural composition. For baking a cake, you can use a split mold, ceramic plates, bowls or a frying pan with high sides and a removable handle.
- Flour – 240 g.
- Salt – a pinch.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil – 17 g.
- Water – 50 ml.
- Cheese health – 180 g.
- Suluguni – 110 g.
- Hard cheese – 110 g.
- Butter – 55 g.
- Khmeli-suneli – 2 g.
- Thyme – 1 g.
How to cook:
1. Mix the egg with water, vegetable oil and salt.
2. Add sifted flour (150 g).
3. Knead a soft dough with a spatula.
4. Transfer the dough onto a board dusted with flour. Knead, gradually adding the remaining flour.
The dough should be soft, not sticky.
Roll the dough into a sausage, divide into four equal and one large part.
5. Roll out the larger part with a diameter of 30 mm, a thickness of 1.5 mm.
6. The remaining parts tell up to a diameter of 21 cm.
7. Boil water in a wide, spacious saucepan. Pour cold water into another saucepan. Spread cakes 1 piece for 30-40 minutes in boiling water, and then transfer to cold water. Dry the cakes on a towel.
8. Grate suluguni, health and hard cheese. Mix cheeses together.
9. Lubricate the ceramic form with vegetable oil, lay out a large cake.
10. Place some of the filling in the center.
11. Add some grated butter and dry herbs.
12. Cover the filling with the smaller cake.
13. Collect the pie, alternating the filling and cakes. Wrap the edges of the bottom cake, fix with toothpicks.
14. Lubricate the cake with yolk, bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
15. Cool the product a little, remove the toothpicks.
16. Transfer the saburani to a plate and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.