Rice cheese balls are very original in appearance, and quite satisfying in taste. If you don’t want to cook anything for a side dish, then make such an original appetizer that can easily replace it.
To prepare such a yummy, it is best to use long rice, it is also desirable that it be steamed. It is this kind of cereal that is much easier to cook and it always turns out, as they say, “grain to grain”. When choosing hard cheese, it is desirable to give preference to a quality product. If you take a cheese product, then it most likely will not melt. And, if this really happens, then it will be impossible to blind the balls. They will fall apart, and the snack will be completely spoiled. That is why, when buying cheese, you should give preference to the highest quality and not cheap dairy product.
- Hard cheese – 60 g.
- Rice is long and preferably steamed – 150 g.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Pepper – 1 pinch.
- Mayonnaise with a high percentage of fat content – 0.5 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. So, if long rice is not boiled in advance, then wash it very well. It is advisable to do this procedure several times in a row. The water should be almost clear after washing it. Put the cereal in a bowl and send it to the stove, filling it with clean water.
Cook rice for at least 20 minutes. By the way, water should be twice as much as cereals. Grate hard cheese on a coarse grater. Combine rice with cheese. By the way, the cereal must be hot.
2. Add mayonnaise to cereals and cheese.
If you are more accustomed to sour cream and try to replace mayonnaise with it, then opt for it.
3. Add salt.
4. Pepper is next in line.
5. Mix everything very well. Do all procedures quickly so that the cereal does not have time to cool.
When stirring, hard cheese should melt a little, become viscous. This is what will help ensure that the rice will not decay in the future.
6. So, quickly form the balls.
7. Put them immediately on a dish, on which you can put a lettuce leaf on the bottom.