Roast beef is a large piece of tender beef with a delicious golden brown crust. As a rule, traditional roast beef in England is prepared without seasonings at all and is not even always salted. But, marinated roast beef is much tastier. We want to offer you one of the options for such roast beef.
Ideally, the loin of beef, as well as tenderloin and buttocks, are ideal for preparing this dish. A piece of meat should be thick, dense and preferably with small fat layers.
- Beef – 1 kg.
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp. l.
- Olive oil – 50 ml.
- Grainy mustard – 50 ml.
- Honey – 2 tbsp. l.
- Freshly ground black pepper or a mixture of peppers – 2 tbsp. l. without a slide.
- Dried ground garlic – 2 tbsp. l. without a slide.
- Rosemary needles – 2 tsp
- Ground coriander – 2 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Remove the beef from the refrigerator in advance – a few hours before cooking. The meat should come to room temperature.
Meanwhile, prepare the marinade. Pour soy sauce into a bowl.
2. Add grainy mustard and honey.
3. Pour seasonings – ground coriander, garlic powder, rosemary needles, ground black pepper or a mixture of peppers.
Do not add salt, as soy sauce provides the desired salinity.
4. Mix the ingredients into a homogeneous mass.
5. Rinse and pat dry the beef. Cut off the films.
If the piece of meat is shapeless, pull it with twine. In this recipe, twine is not used, since the piece of meat has a fairly regular shape.
6. Brush the beef all over with some of the marinade.
7. Heat a frying pan with half the olive oil. Put the beef into the skillet.
8. Fry the meat on all sides until golden brown.
9. Grease a fireproof dish with the remaining olive oil. Put the beef in it. Pour the remaining marinade over the meat.
10. Preheat the oven to 240⁰ C. Place the dish with the meat in the oven and bake it for 15 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 150⁰ and bake the roast beef until d1.
11. Roast beef cooking time ranges from 40 minutes to an hour and a half. It depends on what degree of doneness you prefer. You can check the readiness of the meat by measuring the temperature inside the piece with a special meat thermometer. It should be 60-64⁰ C.
Let the cooked roast beef rest. To do this, remove the form with meat from the oven, cover it with foil and let stand for 20 minutes.
12. Then cut the roast beef with mustard and honey into thin slices and serve.