Spicy Italian-style eggplants turn out to be simply amazing in taste and you can safely put them even on the festive table. They are prepared in a matter of minutes, since in fact they are simply fried to a beautiful golden color in a pan and that’s it.
To avoid bitterness in vegetables, they should be salted and left for 15 minutes. You can also put them simply in salt water and also leave it in it for 15 minutes. If the eggplants are small in size and young, then you can cook them right away, they will not be bitter.
Savory eggplants are best served hot, but they are also delicious cold. Therefore, they can even be prepared ahead of time. To make this kind of appetizer look more festive, you can put coarsely chopped parsley or cilantro on top of them.
- Eggplant – 2 pcs.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Salt – to taste.
- Lemon juice – 0.5 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 50 ml + 20 ml for frying.
- Parsley – 2 branches.
How to cook:
1. Wash eggplant, cut into plates. If the eggplants are not young then pour them with salt water and leave for 15 minutes.
2. Pour 50 ml of vegetable oil into a bowl. Peel the garlic and squeeze through the garlic press. Add salt, lemon juice and mix well.
3. Put the pan on high heat, pour 20 ml of vegetable oil. After 15 seconds, lay out the eggplant plates. Reduce the heat to medium and fry the vegetables on both sides until a beautiful golden color.
4. Pour the oil and spice sauce into the eggplant pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another minute.
5. Turn off the fire. Let the eggplant stand for another minute so that they are well soaked in the sauce.
6. Wash parsley sprigs, chop coarsely.
7. Arrange the vegetables on a pretty platter.
8. After that, decorate them with chopped parsley and serve immediately or when they have cooled.
Enjoy your meal!