Salad “Donskoy” for the winter will sometimes bring such a necessary touch of variety to the usual menu, especially if this is a period of strict Lent. You can make it sweeter or savory if you like. You can define a set of spices and spices at your discretion and stick to this scheme each time. And you can experiment by adding new spices and herbs each time.
- Sweet pepper – 3 pcs.
- Onion – 3 pcs.
- Tomatoes – 800 g.
- Fresh parsley – 1 bunch.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. l. (under the knife).
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 65 ml.
- Table 9% vinegar – 35 ml.
- Ground coriander – 2/3 tsp
How to cook:
1. For an appetizer, you can take colored sweet peppers so that the salad looks brighter in a jar and on a plate. Wash the vegetables, cut into thin strips, remembering to remove the seeds and stalks.
2. Peel the onion from the husk, cut into halves of the rings or a small cube – as you like. Wash fresh parsley and chop finely.
3. It is better to take tomatoes ripe, but not overripe, with dense pulp – then in the process of sterilization and storage they will not lose their shape. Wash them, remove the attachment points of the stalks and cut into small pieces.
4. Put prepared vegetables and herbs in a large saucepan or saucepan. Add salt, sugar and ground coriander there.
5. Pour vegetable oil into the salad, it can be refined, as well as table 9% vinegar. Stir and let the snack stand for half an hour.
6. Arrange the salad in sterile dry jars to the very top. Vegetables on top should be covered with marinade.
7. A small saucepan is suitable for sterilizing lettuce. Lay a piece of fabric on the bottom. Cover the jars with lids and place in a saucepan, add water to the top and put on fire. After the water begins to boil actively, wait 20 minutes.
8. Use a pot holder to remove the jar from the pan, screw on the lid, turn it over. Do the same with all salad jars. Then wrap the blanks for a day.
Enjoy your meal!