The seasonal harvest is in full swing. Markets and shops are overflowing with bright, juicy vegetables. It’s time to do your favorite canning.
Prepare a delicious salad “Fly away” from cucumbers for the winter. It is perfect for any side dish, meat and fish dishes. Especially delicious with grilled meats. It is prepared very simply from available and inexpensive ingredients. The workpiece is well stored at room temperature and in the cellar.
- Cucumbers – 1 kg.
- Sugar – 50 g.
- Vegetable oil – 50 g.
- Vinegar 9% – 50 ml.
- Salt – 45 g.
- Mustard – 20 g.
- Garlic – 1 head.
- Dill – 1 bunch.
Cooking time: 3 hours. Yield: 3 cans of 480 g.
How to cook:
1. Buy medium to small cucumbers with firm flesh and no signs of spoilage. In advance, rinse the vegetables well and dip in cold water for 1-2 hours. After, rinse and pat dry with a towel. Cut into sticks. Transfer to a convenient marinating dish.
2. Wash the dill. Pat dry with a paper towel and chop finely. Pass the peeled garlic through a press. Add both ingredients to cucumbers.
3. Pour in granulated sugar, salt, mustard. Pour in odorless vegetable oil and table vinegar. Next, you need to mix. Then cover with a lid and let stand for two to three hours at room temperature. During this time, stir several times.
4. Prepare jars with lids in advance. Rinse the container thoroughly with soda and rinse with plain water. Sterilize in a convenient way. Boil the lids for 8-10 minutes.
Divide the lettuce into clean jars. Cucumbers should fit snugly against each other. Divide the remaining juice into jars. Cover with clean lids.
5. Cover the bottom of a deep saucepan with a cloth. Move the cans with the workpiece. Pour cold water up to shoulders. Send to fire. From the moment of boiling, sterilize for 10 minutes over moderate heat.
6. Seal tightly. Turn the jars over and wrap them well with a warm blanket. Then let it cool in this position.
Salad “Fly away” from cucumbers for the winter is ready.