Salad “Prostushka” always attracts attention at the festive table. The dish is easy to prepare and will always be appropriate for any occasion. Many will like the combination of vegetables, cheese and boiled eggs.
The salad is nutritious, juicy and satisfying, with a pleasant sourness from pickled cucumbers. Also for the recipe you will need beets, eggs, hard cheese and canned peas. For piquancy, add a little garlic to the salad – the dish will become slightly spicy and fragrant. Use mayonnaise as a sauce.
- Beets – 150 g.
- Canned peas – 150 g.
- Pickled cucumbers – 80 g.
- Hard cheese – 70 g.
- Chicken eggs – 1-2 pcs.
- Mayonnaise – 80 g.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Prepare all the components for the salad, first grate hard cheese on a medium grater.
2. Hard-boil the eggs in advance, then drain the hot water and let them cool. Peel the eggs from the shell, grate in the same way as the cheese using a grater with medium holes.
3. Grate pickled cucumbers and squeeze lightly.
Cucumbers can release juice in a salad, so it’s best to squeeze them.
4. Boil the beets in advance so that they cool well. Peel the root crop and grate on a coarse grater. Squeeze the garlic to the beets and add the mayonnaise. Stir and leave the beets to marinate for 10 minutes.
5. Start collecting the salad in layers: put the canned peas in the first layer (drain the marinade from it).
Try the peas before adding to the salad so that the beans are soft and tasty.
6. Lay out the beets and level. Lightly salt and pepper. Use spices according to your taste.
7. Next, distribute the grated eggs, salt a little and pour over a layer of mayonnaise.
8. Now comes the cucumber layer, which is lightly soaked with sauce.
9. At the end, sprinkle the salad with grated cheese. The type of cheese does not matter much, buy according to your taste. Feel free to use the classic “Russian” cheese.
10. Let the salad brew in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, then decorate with fresh herbs and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.