We always look forward to the New Year holidays. There is a lot to do: buy gifts for relatives and friends, decorate the house and, of course, lay the New Year’s table. When setting the table, every housewife wants to create a festive atmosphere, so the dishes must be original and elegant. Dishes with a New Year theme are especially good, such as the Snegovichok salad.
Layered salad “Snegovichok” consists of mushrooms fried with onions, walnuts, crispy fresh cucumber, boiled eggs, tender chicken fillet and spicy cheese. The link is mayonnaise. For decoration, you will need fresh carrots, olives and a sheet of nori seaweed.
- Chicken fillet – 250 g.
- Fresh champignons – 200 g.
- Small onion – 1 head.
- Egg – 3 pcs.
- Fresh cucumber – 1 pc.
- Hard cheese – 100 g.
- Walnut kernel – 50 g.
- Mayonnaise – 250 g.
- Sunflower oil – 1 tbsp. l.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
- Laurel leaf – 2 pcs.
- Black peppercorns – 3-5 pcs.
- Nori seaweed sheet – 1 pc.
- Small fresh carrots – 1 pc.
- Pitted olives – 2 pcs.
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes. Servings Per Container: 6.
How to cook:
1. Rinse the chicken fillet with cold water and place in a saucepan. Pour in 1 liter of water. Let it boil, remove the foam. Add bay leaves and peppercorns to the pan, salt. Boil the chicken for 30-35 minutes. Then remove the fillet and cool.
2. Hard boil eggs – 10 minutes from the moment the water boils. Then cool them by placing them in cold water and peel them.
3. Wash the mushrooms quickly and chop finely. The onion needs to be peeled and cut into small pieces. Next, in a frying pan, you need to heat the sunflower oil and put the mushrooms with onions in it.
4. Fry the mushrooms with onions until tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Next, proceed to the assembly of the Snowman salad. On a flat dish, place a detachable ring from a cake mold with a diameter of 20 cm. Put the champignons fried with onions in the first layer. Tamp them down with a spoon.
6. Cover this layer with a mesh of mayonnaise.
7. Cut the chicken fillet into thin strips and put in a second layer in a ring. Lightly salt and pepper. Tamp down.
8. And again make a mesh of mayonnaise.
9. Grate the eggs on a coarse grater and lay out the third layer. Tamp down.
10. Cover with mayonnaise.
11. Wash the cucumber, dry it, cut it into thin strips and place it in the fourth layer in the ring.
12. Make a mayonnaise mesh.
13. Chop the walnut kernels with a knife into large crumbs and lay out the fifth layer.
14. And again make a mesh of mayonnaise.
15. Grate hard cheese on a fine grater and cover the nuts with it. Press lightly with a spoon.
16. Carefully remove the ring.
Prepare a salad dressing. Peel the carrot and cut out 2 thin circles from it – the blush of a snowman. Make a nose out of the tip of the carrot. And cut out a semicircle – the mouth. Cut the remaining carrot into thin strips. This will be the bangs of our snowman.
From olives make eyes and eyebrows.
And cut out a bucket with a handle from the nori sheet. Attach the bucket with a dash of mayonnaise. It is better to do this before serving the salad on the table so that the nori sheet does not get soggy.
Salad “Snowman” is ready. Put it in the refrigerator for half an hour to soak and serve.
Enjoy your meal!