Homemade dumplings are a hearty dish that is always in demand at the table. It is suitable for a bachelor’s quick dinner, and for a festive table. For many years, making dumplings has been an important family tradition, gathering all household members around the table. In modern conditions, we often simplify the process of preparing this dish and buy semi-finished products, which, of course, lose to the home-made product in terms of taste.
We offer to cook Siamese dumplings with an unusual shape and interesting nuances in the recipe. The dough is kneaded in boiling water with vegetable oil and it turns out strong and elastic. The filling is minced pork and beef. You can cook it yourself or buy from a trusted manufacturer. For juiciness, onion gruel and milk with a fat content of 3.2% are added to the minced meat. The proportions and amount of spices can be changed to taste.
- Flour – 300 g.
- Boiling water – 120 ml.
- Vegetable oil – 20 ml.
- Salt – 3 g.
- Minced meat – 400 g.
- Onion – 50 g.
- Milk – 40 ml.
- Bay leaf – 2 pcs.
- Peppercorns – 5 pcs.
- Butter, greens – for serving.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Sift white wheat flour (250 g) into a bowl for kneading dough, add salt. Mix the mass with a dry whisk, make a recess in the flour in the center. Pour vegetable oil and boiling water into the recess. Start kneading the dough first with a wooden spoon, and after cooling, continue kneading with your hands, adding flour.
2. Wrap the dough in a food bag and leave for half an hour.
3. Put the minced meat in a bowl, add salt, pepper, spices and grated onion.
4. Pour in the milk, beat the mass until smooth.
5. Roll out the dough into a cake with a thickness of about 2 mm. Cut into squares with a side size of 7 cm. Place the filling. Fold opposite edges, blind so that you get a rectangle.
6. Collapse the rectangle, tuck in the left corner.
7. Perform the same pinch on the right of the product.
8. Connect the tucks behind the dumpling.
9. Unscrew the product as in the photo.
10. Products are symmetrical, with an interesting shape.
11. Boil water in a large saucepan, add salt, peppercorns and bay leaf. Boil products for 5 minutes. Transfer the Siamese dumplings to a serving plate, top with oil and herbs.