Squash caviar in a hurry always turns out to be very tasty, fragrant, and it perfectly “stands” all winter in jars and the lids never swell. Mayonnaise and onions are not added to this caviar; vinegar, garlic and sweet pepper are used instead of these ingredients. You can cork zucchini caviar in glass jars with any volume, ranging from 100 ml to 1000 ml. It is necessary to store the finished caviar in a cool and dark place. This is ideal for a cellar.
Such caviar, by the way, can not only be quickly rolled into jars for the winter, but also cooked just like that, as an addition to some kind of meat dish or side dish.
- Zucchini medium in size – 2 pcs.
- Garlic – 2 small cloves.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Tomato paste – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Sweet or Bulgarian pepper – 0.5-1 pc.
- Vegetable oil – 40-50 ml.
- Vinegar 9% – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Wash the pepper, cut in half, remove the seeds and tail. Twist in a meat grinder. Wash the zucchini, peel and also twist in a meat grinder. Peel the garlic and twist it in a meat grinder too.
2. Pour vegetable oil into the pan, put all the twisted ingredients.
3. Lay out the tomato paste.
4. After that, add salt and ground black pepper.
5. Simmer the caviar over moderate heat for 7-10 minutes, you can cover the pan with a lid. Then pour in the vinegar.
6. Stew caviar for another 2-3 minutes. During this time, wash the glass jar, send it to the microwave for sterilization for 1 minute. Put a spoon very carefully hot caviar from zucchini.
7. Now just roll up the jar with a lid using a special key for this. Or you can safely use jars with lids that you just need to tighten tightly with your hands. Cover the jar with a warm blanket, leave it for a day at room temperature, and the next day take it to the cellar for storage.
Here is such a quick caviar from zucchini for the winter turned out!
Enjoy your meal!