Compote is one of the most popular and delicious drinks that we love to drink in winter. Accordingly, in the summer it is necessary to make a large amount of effort for its preparation. Standard recipes are a little boring, and we are sure that this method is perfect for those who like to experiment. We would like to invite you to prepare strawberry and orange compote. A drink made from these two seemingly incompatible ingredients turns out to be very unusual, fragrant and incredibly tasty.
To choose a delicious orange, pay attention to its size and weight, it should not be too big and also very light. Juicy fruit will be a little heavy. Strawberries for such compote choose very ripe, as sweet as possible. Do not worry, the drink will not turn out cloying, as orange acid will be enough for it.
- Sugar – 80-120 g.
- Water – 3 liters.
- Strawberries – 200-300 g.
- Orange – 1/2 pc.
How to cook:
1. Before you start making compote, prepare strawberries and oranges.
Rinse the berries thoroughly under running water, for convenience, place them in a colander. Let the water drain a little, then separate absolutely all the stalks, they are completely unnecessary in the compote. Strawberries do not need to be crushed, unless there are too large berries, cut them in half.
2. Wash the orange well and divide into two equal parts. Carefully peel one of the halves of the peel and seeds. Remove the white veins that are under the skin as much as possible, they can add unnecessary bitterness to the compote. Finely chop half an orange.
3. Sterilize the jar beforehand. Put strawberries and orange slices on the bottom.
4. Place a kettle or pot of water on the fire and bring to a boil.
In a very thin stream, so that the glass does not burst, pour water into a jar of fruit.
5. Cover with a sterile lid and leave for ten minutes.
6. After that, very carefully drain the water from the jar into the pan, add sugar. Bring to a boil again and pour into the jar again. Next, roll up the lid well.
Compote must be put after complete cooling in a cool and preferably dark place in order to enjoy a very pleasant-tasting drink in winter.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.