Stroganoff liver is soft and tasty. You can safely serve it with buckwheat or even rice. Since the liver is stewed with gravy, you can add it to the side dish and it will not be dry at all. This dish was very popular in the Soviet Union and was served in many canteens.
For cooking, it is best to use beef liver, but pork is also suitable. As a sauce, you can use sour cream or dilute mayonnaise in water. Onions can be added or not.
To make the liver softer before cooking, you can pre-soak it for 20-30 minutes in milk. However, since the offal is stewed in milk sauce, this is not necessary – the liver will come out very soft anyway.
- Beef liver (or any other) – 200-300 g.
- Onion – 0.5 pcs.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil (it is better to use odorless oil) – 50-70 ml.
- Mayonnaise or sour cream – 1 tbsp. l.
- Water (if mayonnaise is used or sour cream is too thick) – 0.5 tbsp.
How to cook:
1. Wash the liver and cut it into random pieces. The knife must be quite sharp in order to do this procedure without difficulty. Peel the onion and cut it into half rings or cubes.
2. Heat the vegetable oil very well in a pan. Put onion and liver.
3. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
4. Fry everything together for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Remember to stir all the ingredients from time to time.
5. Now pour in the water into which you first put the mayonnaise and mix everything well with a spoon.
6. Put the pan on the fire, when the water boils, reduce it and simmer the liver for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to cover the pan with a lid, periodically stir everything with a spatula.
7. Arrange the cooked Stroganoff liver on a pretty square platter. Put chopped greens on top. Serve the liver to the table.
Do not forget to cook some side dish for the liver, although it is very satisfying and tasty as an independent snack.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.