Beef liver in starch according to this recipe is obtained without bitterness, soft, juicy and very tasty. When buying an offal, you should pay attention, first of all, to its color. The darker the liver, the older the cow was. It is also better to buy homemade liver than store bought. It is best to fry offal in a Teflon-coated pan. So it definitely will not burn and will have a beautiful and appetizing crust.
The dish is best served with fresh vegetables or a salad of them. For a side dish, you can boil ordinary young potatoes or cook something from cereals. As a sauce, garlic, tartar, sour cream and others are suitable for the dish.
- Beef liver – 400 g.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
- Salt – 0.5 tsp.
- Ground pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Starch – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Pour beef liver with cold water and leave for 30 minutes. After that, drain the water, transfer the offal to a cutting board and cut it into rectangular pieces with a sharp knife.
You can cut the liver in some other way, for example, into triangles.
2. Crack an egg into a bowl, add salt and ground pepper.
You can also add other spices, such as Provence or Italian herbs.
3. Then add the starch, which is previously, just in case, sift through a sieve.
4. Mix the batter well with a whisk or a regular fork.
5. Put the chopped pieces of the liver into the batter.
6. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan for 30 seconds. Lay out beef liver.
7. Fry it over moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on one side, and then the same amount on the other.
8. After that, put the finished liver on a paper towel, let the excess oil drain.
Serve the dish to the table.
Enjoy your meal!