One of the most common vegetables for canning is eggplant. They like to eat it in stewed, fried or baked forms, but it is as a home stock for the winter that this ingredient is especially appropriate.
Eggplant preservation is often seasoned with vinegar and garlic to make the taste of the dish more spicy. But there are also lovers of a different flavor ensemble: serve them only sweet eggplants! We advise you to prepare such a blank without vinegar. Sugar and a fairly large amount of young carrots will add sweetness to it.
- Eggplant (medium size) – 3 pcs.
- Young carrots (medium size) – 3 pcs.
- Onion (medium size) – 1 pc.
- Sugar – 1 tsp with a hill.
- Salt – to taste (no less than 1 tsp without a slide).
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l.
- Water – for stewing vegetables and diluting tomato paste.
How to cook:
1. Peel the onion and cut into cubes. Put the pan on medium heat, and pour vegetable oil on its bottom (here it is better not to skimp and give at least three tablespoons of oil so that the vegetables do not stick to the bottom of the dish during cooking). Once the oil is hot, add the onion to the bottom of the pan and fry until translucent.
2. Scrape young carrots to remove the tender peel from it, and cut into circles. If you do not like to “meet” large pieces of carrots in dishes, you can grate this vegetable. Transfer the carrot pieces to the pan and stir with the onions.
3. Cut off the tails from the eggplants, and cut the vegetables themselves into cubes of about 1 cm in size. Move the eggplants to the pan, stir with other vegetables and fry for 5 minutes, uncovered.
4. After that, salt the dish, add sugar and cover with a lid: vegetables will release more juice from white spices and begin to stew. In the meantime, in a separate bowl, dilute the tomato paste with water (it is better to take 300-400 ml of water) and pour over the vegetables with this mixture. Stir the dish. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. When the sweet eggplant is done cooking, place the canning jars upside down and their lids in a pot of water. Boil the container for 10 minutes – after that it will be possible to preserve stocks for the winter in it.
6. Taste the cooked dish and add salt or sugar if required.
7. Arrange the hot vegetable dish in hot jars and cork with hot lids. Turn the jars upside down and place them on the table to cool completely in this position. After that, the conservation can be rearranged to a permanent storage location.
Sweet eggplants for the winter, cooked without a single drop of vinegar, are ready! These are the tastiest strategic stocks of vegetables you can imagine!
Enjoy your meal!