You can make fragrant and tasty Tkemali sauce for the winter from yellow cherry plum – an excellent addition to meat dishes, especially fried meat. The basis of the sauce is cherry plum puree, to which spices, a lot of greens, hot red pepper and garlic are added. Puree, along with the rest of the components of the sauce, is boiled to a density, after which it is poured into jars and rolled up. The process of making tkemali from cherry plum is a little troublesome, but the result is a spicy sweet and sour homemade sauce.
For one half-liter jar:
- Yellow cherry plum – 0.5 kg.
- Red hot pepper – 1-2 pcs.
- Cilantro – 1 bunch.
- Dill – 1 bunch.
- Suneli hops – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 1 head.
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 2-3 tbsp. l.
- Water – 50-100 ml.
How to cook:
1. Sort the ripe yellow cherry plum before preparing the sauce, putting aside rotten or wormy fruits, cut off the tails (if necessary), and then rinse in water.
2. Put the washed cherry plum into a saucepan, pour water into it and set to boil over medium heat. Boil cherry plum until the fruits are soft (the stone should be well behind the fruits). This will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
3. Cool the boiled yellow cherry plum completely.
4. Then wipe it together with the resulting liquid through a fine sieve, removing the bones first (this is best done with a wooden pusher or spoon).
5. As a result, you should get a slightly thick cherry plum puree. If the puree is too sparse, there is nothing to worry about, during the cooking process, the excess liquid will evaporate, and the sauce will become the desired consistency.
6. Add salt and sugar to the resulting cherry plum puree. If necessary, adjust the amount of bulk ingredients to your liking (if the cherry plum turned out to be too sour, you may need a little more sugar, but it all depends on your taste preferences). Thoroughly mix the puree and boil for two to three minutes.
7. Next, add suneli hops (it is desirable that marsh mint be present in the seasoning).
8. Grind the peeled garlic cloves and red hot pepper with a blender.
If you want the sauce to come out very hot, pepper can be added along with the seeds.
9. Add chopped pepper with garlic to the cherry plum puree.
10. Pour chopped dill (previously washed and dried) into the future sauce.
11. And finely chopped fresh cilantro.
12. Mix the tkemali sauce thoroughly and cook over low heat, stirring it from time to time so that it does not burn, for 20-25 minutes (during this time the sauce should become thicker and change color). Pour the finished sauce into a sterilized jar (s).
13. Roll up with a boiled iron lid and, turning the jar (s) upside down, wrap until completely cool.
14. Store the cooled jars of tkemali in a cool place.
You can eat yellow cherry plum sauce already a week after its preparation (this time is quite enough for infusion).