We offer to cook a very tasty and fragrant eggplant appetizer with barbecue seasoning and smoked paprika. Eggplants according to this recipe are slightly spicy and taste like grilled meat with vegetables. For lovers of especially spicy snacks, you can add chili peppers to the marinade if desired.
We will prepare all the products according to the recipe. Eggplant fruits should be washed and peeled with a sharp knife to remove excess bitterness, and then weighed. Onions and garlic are also washed and cleaned of integumentary scales.
For 2 jars 500 ml:
- Eggplant – 900 g.
- Bulb onion (large) – 1 pc.
- Garlic – 1 medium head.
- Seasoning for barbecue – 1 tbsp. l.
- Smoked paprika – 1 tsp
- Ground pepper (mixture) – to taste.
- Salt – 2 tsp (slightly with a slide).
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
- Table vinegar 9% – 40 ml.
- Boiled water – 150 ml.
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes. Marinating time: 5-6 hours. Servings Per Container: 4-5.
How to cook:
1. Cut the eggplant into slices or circles 1 cm thick.
2. Cut the onion into half rings.
3. Cut the garlic cloves into thin slices.
You can finely mince the garlic or put it through a press if you prefer.
4. Lightly fry the eggplant in a small amount of vegetable oil until lightly browned and place on a plate with a paper towel to remove excess fat.
5. Put a part of the fried eggplants in a bowl.
6. Sprinkle chopped onion on top.
7. Add salt, smoked paprika, barbecue seasoning, ground pepper to taste, garlic. Salt is collected in a spoon with a small slide of ordinary table salt.
8. We do the same with the remaining eggplants. The last top layer of eggplant is only salt and pepper.
We try to put the slices closer to each other. Sprinkle each subsequent layer of eggplant with salt, seasoning, garlic and onions.
9. Pour vinegar and boiled water according to the recipe into a bowl, cover the vegetables with a suitable plate and place a small weight on it (I just put a jar of water).
We leave it at room temperature for about 5-6 hours so that the eggplant releases juice and marinates a little.
10. Eggplants as barbecue for the winter after being in a fragrant marinade are almost ready. They can already be tasted and served for dinner as an appetizer.
11. We lay out the pickled eggplants in sterilized clean jars along with onions and pour over the brine. Cover with sterile lids.
12. We place the filled jars in a saucepan, the bottom of which is lined with a cotton towel, pour warm water and put on the stove. We sterilize from the moment of boiling water for 20 minutes. Then we cork with lids and leave to cool under a blanket or thick towel.
Eggplants are ready for the winter as barbecue. We transfer the cans of snacks to a dark and cool place for storage until winter.