Vareniki with cabbage is a dish that can be prepared not only on a normal day, but also in fasting. They turn out very juicy and quite satisfying. It is not difficult to cook them, cabbage can be pre-fried so that you do not waste time on this procedure later. Ready-made dumplings are best served with sour cream or a glass of milk, however, they go well with any hot drinks such as tea or coffee.
The dough should be kneaded with water. This recipe for its preparation is considered a classic, therefore it is suitable not only for making dumplings, but also dumplings. When frying cabbage, you can add tomato paste, so the finished filling will have a beautiful and bright color. However, this procedure is optional. If you are used to frying it without adding tomato paste, there is nothing wrong with that. Just the color of cabbage in this case will not be bright.
- Cabbage – ¼ head.
- Water – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 pinch in the dough and ¼ tsp. into the stuffing.
- Flour – 3 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Tomato paste – 0.5 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Pour water into a bowl. It can be either at room temperature or slightly warm. Add a pinch of salt and stir well to dissolve.
2. Pour in the premium flour.
3. Knead the dough. Follow this procedure in good faith. Set the dough aside for now to allow the gluten to form. 15 minutes will be plenty for this. Just cover the top of the bowl with cling film.
4. Cut the cabbage on a cutting board.
5. Put it in a pan, add salt, tomato paste, pour in vegetable oil. Simmer the cabbage until it becomes soft. Turn the heat to medium and cover the pan with a lid.
6. Divide the finished dough into equal pieces.
7. Flatten each one with your hand, put the cabbage filling in the center.
8. Make a dumpling.
9. Bring water to a boil in a ladle or saucepan. You can literally add a pinch of salt to it. Put the dumplings in, immediately mix gently with a slotted spoon so that they do not stick to the bottom of the container. Boil them for 6-8 minutes.
10. Put the dumplings with cabbage on a dish and serve them to the table.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.