Berry time has come – it’s time to cook dumplings. This simple and hearty dessert is especially good with fresh ripe fruits and berries. Let’s cook fragrant blackcurrant dumplings.
The dough is kneaded on kefir without eggs. No sugar is added to the berry filling, so it turns out juicy with a natural taste. Sugar is used when serving and this is quite enough. If desired, it can be replaced with honey, berry syrup, condensed milk or sweet sour cream. A similar recipe can be prepared with raspberries, red, white currants, blueberries, or several types of berries. Be sure to use a spacious enamel pot with a lid to cook dumplings. From the specified amount of products, 22 dumplings are obtained.
- Kefir – 100 ml.
- Flour – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – a pinch in the dough + 0.5 tbsp. l. for cooking.
- Sugar – 25 g.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 15 ml.
- Currant – 150 g.
- Semolina (optional) – a little.
How to cook:
1. Sift flour into a mixing bowl, add salt and baking powder. Mix the mixture with a dry whisk. Make a well, pour vegetable oil into the well.
2. Send kefir there. Stir the mixture with a spatula. Transfer the mixture onto a floured board. Knead until smooth.
3. Roll the dough into a ball, put it in a food bag and leave for half an hour.
4. Divide the dough in half. Roll each part into a thin (2 mm) layer.
5. Use special notches with a diameter of about 6 cm to make circles.
6. Sprinkle a pinch of semolina in the center.
7. Lay clean currants peeled from ponytails on top.
8. Blind dumplings. In order for the products not to weather, they should be covered with a cotton towel. Boil water in a saucepan, add salt. Lay out dumplings. Stir gently with a silicone spatula so that they do not stick to the bottom. Cook for a couple of minutes after the products float.
Remove the finished dumplings with a slotted spoon, put them on a plate. Decorate with currants, mint and sprinkle with sugar. Drizzle with melted butter as desired. Dumplings have the most delicate dough and fragrant filling with sourness.