Vertuta with apples is an excellent pastry that can be easily prepared not only as a treat for guests, but also to make it any day for tea. It turns out that it is not too high in calories and it can be safely included in the diet of those people who fast. This recipe uses apples that are not too sour in taste. If you don’t have any, then just add more sugar. Also, as an additive, you can sprinkle fruit not only with sugar, but also with cinnamon, it is thanks to it that the pastries will come out even more original and tasty.
It is best to serve the vertuta after it has cooled down. Top it with additional powdered sugar. But, keep in mind that the filling is already so sweet. Make tea with it or pour a glass of homemade milk.
When choosing flour, give preference to the one that is of the highest grade. Use apples that are available. Knead the dough with water if you are fasting or with milk if you want it to be more rich.
- Sugar – 5-6 tbsp. l.
- Apple – 1-2 pcs.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Water – 0.5 tbsp.
- Flour – 250-300 g.
- Vegetable oil – for lubricating the baking sheet (if it is non-stick, then you do not need to lubricate it).
How to cook:
1. So, in a large bowl, add salt and half the sugar.
2. Pour in water (you can warm it), mix everything.
3. Pour the flour in parts.
4. Knead the dough. It should almost not stick to your hands. Leave it for at least 10 minutes to form gluten, and it was easier to work with it in the future.
5. Now put the dough on the table or a special dough mat.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll it into a fairly thin layer.
7. On one edge of the layer, lay out the apples, which are washed, peeled and cut. Sprinkle them with sugar on top.
8. Carefully twist the twist.
9. Transfer it to a baking sheet. Send it to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
Now boldly serve the twirl with apples to the table.
Enjoy your meal!