A wonderful apple pie invariably attracts the attention of everyone at the table. The reason for this is the exquisite execution, and no less delicious taste and aroma. Cooking it, although not very fast, is good that the active cooking time is not so long. The basis of the pie is yeast dough. To ensure that expectations do not diverge from reality, be sure to check the expiration date of the product.
- Milk of any fat content – 250 ml.
- Boiled warm water – 50 ml.
- Chicken egg – 1 pc.
- Wheat flour – 500 g.
- Sugar sand – 2 tbsp.
- Sunflower oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Dry yeast – a bag.
- Medium-sized apples – 4 pcs.
- Cream 20% – 100 ml.
- Corn starch – 1 tsp
- Vanilla sugar – to taste.
- Butter – for greasing the mold.
How to cook:
1. Pour a small amount of warm water into a bowl and pour a bag of yeast. Leave for a few minutes for the yeast to start working.
2. Now you need to take the second bowl, here combine the chicken egg and a glass of sugar. If the egg is not very large, then you can take another 1.
3. Now you should mix the sugar mixture well so that all the crystals dissolve.
4. Pour a glass of warm milk into the bowl with the egg mixture and mix again.
5. To give the dough elasticity, pour in two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
6. Now you should combine both bowls and mix well with a whisk.
7. In small parts you need to add wheat flour and stir. Be sure to sift the flour before adding it to the bowl.
Do not forget about vanilla sugar, it will give a delicious flavor to the future pie.
8. Knead the dough quickly. It should be moderately tight and sticky to the hands.
Do not add too much flour, otherwise the dough will not rise well.
Leave the dough in a warm place for an hour, and take care of the filling yourself.
9. Wash apples and remove cores. After that, the apples should be cut into slices and placed in a saucepan.
10. Also pour the cream into the saucepan with apples and pour the second glass of sugar, mix well. The filling should be cooked for twenty minutes.
11. Grease a baking dish with butter. When the dough has doubled in size, you can begin to create a pie.
12. The dough needs to be divided into two parts, you can make one a little more – this will be the bottom of the pie.
13. With a rolling pin, you need to roll out the base of the pie and place it in a baking dish so that the sides form.
14. Since the filling is quite juicy, a small amount of starch should be applied to the bottom. It will not allow excess liquid to penetrate into the dough.
15. Now you need to lay out the filling, you can also pour out all the syrup that was formed during cooking.
16. The second part of the dough should be cut into thin strips. Of these, it is required to form pigtails by interweaving two strips.
17. Pigtails from the dough should lay out the top of the pie, moving in a circle until all the filling is closed. Before putting the cake in the oven, grease it with boiled water or tea leaves, and sprinkle with sugar. Leave for ten minutes to let the dough rise again.
18. Bake for forty minutes at medium temperature. You can serve with any drinks.