To prepare a lush, airy biscuit, which is always obtained according to this recipe, you just need to follow our advice exactly. In stock, it is enough to have an ordinary hand mixer and a set of products according to the list. All ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Chicken eggs C1 – 4 pcs.
- Sugar – 120 g.
- Wheat flour – 100 g.
- Potato starch – 20 g.
- Vanillin – 1 g.
- Baking powder – 3 g.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes. Servings Per Container: 6.
How to cook:
1. In a separate bowl, mix flour, potato starch, baking powder and vanilla.
2. Separate the eggs carefully into protein and yolk. Place the whites in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and beat with a mixer at low speed for one minute to destroy the structure of the protein. Then increase the speed and beat the protein mass to soft peaks. At this stage, we begin to add sugar in a thin stream and continue to beat the proteins until a dense mass is obtained.
When turning the bowl with the sugar-protein mass, it should remain in the container. This is an indicator of the readiness of the base for the future biscuit.
3. Now, one by one, add the yolks to the protein mass. Switch the mixer to low speed.
4. Combine the yolks with the sugar-protein base into a homogeneous mass for 10-15 seconds and turn off the mixer.
5. Sift about a third of the prepared flour with starch and baking powder to the beaten eggs.
6. Using a mixer whisk (or a silicone spatula), gently but quickly enough combine the flour and the sugar-egg mass into a homogeneous dough with folding movements from top to bottom, turning the bowl clockwise. The rest of the flour is added in the process of mixing in two steps.
7. You should get such a homogeneous dough without large lumps of flour. You can’t knead it for too long, otherwise the numerous air bubbles with which we saturated the dough during whipping will evaporate and the biscuit will not turn out to be lush and porous.
8. Line the baking dish from the inside with baking paper and pour the dough into it.
9. With a shish kebab stick, “cut through” the biscuit dough in different directions to get rid of large air bubbles inside. You can simply rotate the form with the dough around its axis several times. The oven should already be heated to 160 degrees by this point.
10. We send the form with the dough into it and bake for about 45-50 minutes in the top-bottom mode without convection.
Important: the oven door must not be opened for at least half an hour after the biscuit mold has been placed in it!
We determine readiness with a dry toothpick: if it comes out dry from the middle of the crumb, then it’s time to remove the biscuit from the oven. It should brown and rise to the top edge of the mold. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down a bit.
Our biscuit, which always turns out, is ready. We release it from the paper and transfer it carefully to the wire rack so that it cools down completely.
This is the height of the biscuit in the form with a diameter of 19 cm according to this recipe. Thanks to separate whipping of proteins with sugar and a small amount of baking powder, such a fluffy and porous biscuit can be prepared with just a conventional low-power hand mixer.
If you plan to use a biscuit for making a cake, then it must be kept in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours to ripen, pre-wrapped in cling film. Then it will be easy to cut it into three or four cakes with a sharp knife or an ordinary strong thread. At the same time, the crumb will not crumble and will not spread after soaking it with syrup.
Or you can just sprinkle with vanilla powdered sugar, brew fragrant tea and treat all households with airy homemade pastries.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.