In summer, the season of ripe vegetables, I want to prepare delicious snacks for the winter. Most often we preserve cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini. But you can also close the vegetable platter, you will immediately have all the vegetables of the summer in one jar. Cook more for preserving tomatoes and cucumbers. Be sure to add bell pepper, zucchini, onions, carrots, fresh herbs and garlic. Assorted vegetables are most conveniently preserved in liter jars, or if you have a large family, in three-liter jars. The workpiece is stored perfectly until the very cold.
- Tomatoes – 150 g.
- Cucumber – 150 g.
- Zucchini – 150 g.
- Carrots – 30 g.
- Bulgarian pepper – 100 g. 30 g.
- Purple onion – 50 g.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Hot pepper – 10 g.
- Dill – 4 sprigs.
- Tarragon – 1 branch.
- Horseradish – 1/2 leaf (large).
- Allspice – 6 peas.
- Black pepper – 6 peas.
- Vinegar 9% – 3 tbsp. l.
- Salt Extra – 1 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 200 ml.
How to cook:
1. We put all the vegetables that we need in a large bowl. Namely, small tomatoes so that everything fits compactly in a jar. Cucumber is also medium-sized, preferably young. We need a little zucchini and bell pepper.
To make the preparation more saturated in taste, add some carrots and purple onions.
2. Wash all vegetables in cold water three times. We clean carrots, onions, peppers. Cut the zucchini into circles, and then into small pieces. Cucumbers can be cut, if you have large ones, just with rings. If they are small, you don’t need to do this. We cut the carrot into thin rings, the onion into large half rings, the pepper is just a straw. Pour everything into a large bowl.
3. For any workpiece, we need to prepare jars in advance. Steam them in your favorite way. It can be in the microwave, in the oven or in the usual way, steamed, on the stove. The lids can also be boiled for 4 minutes over low heat.
Fresh greens, namely dill, can also be found with old umbrellas, a sprig of tarragon, a leaf of horseradish, hot peppers and garlic, washed in cool water. We spread it on a towel so that the moisture is gone, not wet. We put all the greens in a jar, cut the garlic in half, put as much hot pepper as you need. Add more allspice and black peppercorns to the jar.
4. We compactly put all the vegetables in a jar. It is best to put cucumbers with zucchini on the bottom, they are harder than tomatoes. We add carrot rings under the wall of the jar to make it beautiful. Put the tomatoes and the remaining vegetables on top, along with the onions.
5. We put water on the stove. It can be in a kettle, it can be in a saucepan. We need boiling water. After a while, pour boiling water over vegetables and cover with a lid. We mark 15 minutes for the vegetables to undergo heat treatment, because we will not sterilize this blank.
6. After a while, drain the water into a container. Add salt and some sugar. As soon as the marinade boils, add vinegar. Quickly pour the prepared vegetables with this marinade.
7. We roll up the jar with a lid, if you have a Eurobank, if you have jars with a regular lid, use the conservation key. Turn the workpiece upside down, cover it with a towel or blanket. After about 6 hours, our preservation will have cooled down and can be transferred to the pantry.
Assorted vegetables are a versatile snack for the winter.
Enjoy your meal!