Azerbaijani eggplants have this name, most likely due to the fact that parsley or cilantro is used in the recipe. It is these additives that Azerbaijanis prefer to add to many dishes.
A vegetable appetizer can be served immediately after cooking, but we will roll it up for the winter in jars in order to enjoy its excellent, slightly spicy taste during the cold season. When choosing eggplants, give preference to homemade vegetables, unless, of course, it is possible to purchase them. You can roll them into jars with any volume, in this recipe a half-liter container was used. If your family is quite large, then feel free to take jars with a volume of at least one liter.
You can safely store ready-made canned vegetables in the cellar, but this is true if you live in your own house. In the apartment, it is worth choosing the coolest place, so, most likely, the pantry will be the storage place. Please note that it should not contain batteries, and it is not desirable that the sun’s rays fall, otherwise, in this case, the lids on the cans will most likely swell and the preservation will deteriorate.
In general, pay close attention not so much to the cooking process itself, as to the place where ready-made eggplants are stored in Azerbaijani style.
- Eggplant – 1 kg.
- Parsley, dill – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
- Tomato – 1-2 pcs.
- Garlic – to taste.
- Ground pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 70-100 ml.
How to cook:
1. Cut the eggplant into slices.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan, add chopped vegetables.
3. Roast the eggplant. Salt and pepper them to taste.
4. Cut the tomato.
5. Chop the parsley, dill and garlic as well.
6. Now put a layer of fried eggplant in a clean jar.
7. Send some chopped tomatoes on top of them. Water them.
8. Put some greens on the tomatoes.
9. Then some garlic.
10. Repeat all layers until the jar is full.
11. Now sterilize vegetables for 3-5 minutes. If you are worried that the preservation will not stand well, then pour in 20 ml of vinegar, and then simply screw it on with a lid.
Here’s a conservation!