Baked new potatoes with cheese balls inside are very satisfying and tasty. For its preparation, you can use young potatoes, not too large in size, or old ones, if the first one is not already on sale or it is not in season. Hard cheese should be purchased of excellent quality, and not a cheese product, since in the second case it is unlikely to melt in the oven. Instead of mayonnaise, you can use sour cream with any percentage of fat content. To shorten the cooking process at times, the potatoes should be boiled in advance.
Serve the finished dish with garlic sauce or just like that. Such an original appetizer is combined with any vegetable salads or meat. So treat your family to this baked baby potato with cheese balls inside.
- Potatoes – 5-7 pcs.
- Mayonnaise – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste.
- Hard cheese of excellent quality – 30 g.
How to cook:
1. Peel, wash, young potatoes, put in a ladle or pan. Fill it completely with clean water and add salt. Send a container of vegetables to a strong fire. When the water boils, reduce the heat to a minimum, boil the potatoes for 20 minutes. It is advisable to cover the ladle or pan with a lid so that the water does not evaporate quickly during cooking.
2. Cool the finished potatoes. You can drain the water beforehand or not.
3. Now transfer it to a baking dish, or just use a baking sheet from the oven for the same purpose. Cut out the center of each potato with a knife. Do this procedure carefully so as not to damage the vegetables.
4. Put the middles from the potatoes in a deep bowl, grate the cheese on a grater and add the mayonnaise. Mix everything well with a regular spoon.
5. With your hands, form balls of the same size.
6. Place balls in the middle of each potato.
7. Send the form to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 10-15 minutes. This will be enough time for the cheese to melt completely.
Here is such a baked new potato with cheese balls inside turned out!
Enjoy your meal!