Beet tops pate with pumpkin seeds is a very tasty and very original appetizer, although it consists of the most common products – beet tops, pumpkin seeds, garlic and sunflower oil. The basis of the dish is a duet of bright and juicy young beet leaves and pumpkin seeds. These ingredients have a neutral taste, so they need to be shaded with some savory product, the role of which in the proposed dish is successfully performed by garlic. The link is sunflower oil.
All products perfectly complement each other, and without any of them, the pâté will lose its original taste. In addition, this snack belongs to the category of healthy dishes, as it consists exclusively of fresh, non-heat-treated products, which allows you to fully preserve a rich set of vitamins and microelements.
- Fresh tops of one beet – 7-8 leaves with petioles.
- Pumpkin seeds peeled – 1 tbsp. volume 250 ml.
- Garlic – 3 large cloves.
- Sunflower oil – 80-90 ml.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
Cooking time: 25 minutes. Servings Per Container: 4.
How to cook:
1. Wash the tops thoroughly, be sure to dry and chop coarsely.
2. Peel and rinse the garlic cloves.
Pour the pumpkin seeds into the blender bowl. Lay out the tops and garlic cloves.
3. Grind all of the above ingredients in a blender into a homogeneous mass.
4. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Pour in some oil, beat. Then pour in a small amount of sunflower oil and whisk again. The result should be a thick mixture that resembles a paste in consistency.
5. Put the beetroot pate with pumpkin seeds in a jar or deep plate. Decorate the appetizer with pumpkin seeds and small beet leaves and serve.
You can make delicious pâté sandwiches, especially fresh brown bread. Also, the appetizer goes well with young boiled potatoes and boiled, cut into thin slices, young beets.
Enjoy your meal!