Beetroot patties are a good vegan or lean dish to serve as a side dish.
- Beets – 2 pcs.
- Manka – 2 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 1 g.
How to cook:
1. Let’s prepare products for beet “hedgehogs”.
2. We clean the beets and grate or turn into shavings with a blender. The second way is, of course, much faster and easier. At the same time, the hands remain absolutely clean.
Since beetroot is a rough vegetable with tough fibers, it requires a long heat treatment. But with a long frying, all the useful substances from the vegetable will disappear. Therefore, we need to prepare the beets in order to preserve the maximum of vitamins in it.
3. We put the grated beets in a greased refractory dish and put in the oven, heated to 150 degrees, for 30 minutes. You can also hold the beets in a water bath so that they soften and become obedient in modeling.
4. Salt the hot beets to taste and sprinkle with semolina, mix. Leave until cool. It is not necessary to wait for the beets to become completely cold, the main thing is that the hands should be tolerant when forming cutlets.
5. We roll small meatballs from the beetroot mass. Since the beetroot semi-finished product after preparation becomes quite plastic and sticky, it is not necessary to glue it with an egg. Fry the “hedgehogs” in a greased pan or bake in the oven. It takes a little time for this, because our beets are almost ready.
Serve beet “hedgehogs” with sour cream or lean sauce.