Bigus with stew is an ideal dish for a family lunch or dinner, as it combines both meat and a side dish, namely cabbage. The combination of vegetables with stewed meat and tomato sauce is hearty and tasty, do not be surprised that your family will certainly ask for an addition.
Cooking bigus is quite easy. You will need an affordable set of vegetables and delicious stew. Stew can be any – chicken, pork or beef, your choice. Often cabbage is used for bigus. It can be either fresh or pickled. We offer to cook a dish with fresh cabbage and homemade stew. If there is no homemade, use from a reputable manufacturer.
- Pork stew – 350-400 g.
- Potatoes – 350 g.
- White cabbage – 250 g.
- Carrots – 50 g.
- Onion – 50 g.
- Tomato paste – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
- Some water.
How to cook:
1. Since the meat, in our case, the stew, is already ready, it remains to do the vegetables. Peel the onions and carrots, rinse under running water, then chop.
The onion will need to be cut into cubes, and it is better to grate the carrot.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, turn on the medium power of the fire. Sauté onions and carrots for a couple of minutes until soft and translucent.
3. Shred fresh white cabbage – use a sharp knife or cabbage grater.
4. Pour cabbage into the pan to the carrots and onions, mix and simmer for 5-6 minutes until the cabbage is soft, stir occasionally, make sure that nothing burns.
5. Cut the peeled potatoes into large pieces.
6. Pour the potatoes into the pan, add salt to taste.
7. Stew potatoes with vegetables for 20 minutes to make the potatoes soft, you can cover the pan with a lid.
8. Then add the tomato paste.
If the tomato paste is thick, add some water.
9. Next, pour in the pieces of stew.
10. Mix all the ingredients and simmer the bigus for 15-17 minutes over low heat. Pepper to taste. Ready. Vegetables are juicy and tasty, the stew gives them an incredible flavor. Tomato sauce is perfect for all the ingredients and complements them, giving sourness.
Serve hot immediately to the table.