Biscuit roll “Berries in the Snow” with delicate butter cream and fragrant cranberries with a slight sourness inside will decorate not only family, but also festive tea drinking. Even a not very experienced hostess will be able to prepare such a dessert, especially since the products for it will need the most affordable and inexpensive ones.
We will prepare the necessary ingredients according to the list. Instead of cranberries, you can take any berries you want.
- Chicken eggs C1 – 3 pcs.
- Sugar for biscuit – 80 g.
- Wheat flour – 90 g.
- Baking powder – 3 g.
- Cream cheese – 140 g.
- Vanilla sugar – 10 g.
- Sugar for cream – 50 g.
- Cream 33% fat – 150 ml.
- Fresh frozen cranberries – 120-150 g.
- Coconut flakes – 50 g.
- Powdered sugar – for serving.
How to cook:
1. Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar according to the recipe and beat with a mixer until fluffy. Eggs are taken at room temperature.
2. In three steps, we fall asleep flour, sifted with baking powder.
3. Gently mix the flour and egg-sugar mass until smooth with a spatula. It is better not to use a mixer in order to keep as many air bubbles as possible in the biscuit dough.
4. Pour the dough into a 1 cm layer on a baking sheet with parchment and level. We place it in an oven preheated to 170 degrees for 12-15 minutes and bake until lightly browned. It is impossible to overexpose the biscuit in the oven, otherwise the dried layer cannot be rolled up later.
5. We turn the finished biscuit cake onto a clean sheet of parchment, remove the paper and let it cool slightly.
6. We turn the layer of biscuit together with parchment into a tight roll and leave it to cool completely on a towel in this form.
7. For cream, combine very cold cream and cream cheese in a bowl. Pour sugar and vanilla sugar and beat with a mixer until the whole mass is completely combined into a smooth lush cream for 2-3 minutes.
Do not whip the cream for too long so that it does not exfoliate. Sugar can be replaced with powdered sugar if desired and the amount can also be adjusted to your liking.
8. We free the biscuit from parchment, apply cream over the entire surface (we leave some to cover the top and sides of the roll), lay out the cranberries and fold the biscuit layer neatly into a roll.
9. Apply the cream on the top and sides of the roll.
10. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and decorate with cranberries to your liking. We remove our dessert in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
Roll “Berries in the snow” is ready. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar on top, cut into portioned pieces and serve with tea, coffee, fruit juice.